Thursday, November 03, 2005

Our Treasure

Today I had a pretty good day. My youngest son is teething, so he was a little cranky. It was a little harder because he is usually very easy going and mellow, but today he would entertain himself for about 5 minutes and then completely flip out. Then I would have to pick him up and cuddle him or nurse him and he would calm down. Then we would repeat the process again. It brought me back to the early days of our first son. He was like that from the day he was born and he still does it from time to time if he gets really tired or sick.

My neighbor on the other hand has her kids switched. Her first was the "easy" one and her second tends to be a little high maintenance. We were lamenting together today about how we have this plan for our day, you know-get all the laundry done, pay the bills, take a nap, achieve world peace- the usual. And then the kids throw a wrench in our plans and we have a choice. Do we get angry that we only accomplished getting the kids and ourselves fed and dressed today or do we go with the flow and just thank God for the little treasures he has allowed us to have. I usually pick the first one, but I wish that I would stop and realize the second more.

My oldest son is two and he is just starting to say the cutest stuff. He thinks our closet is his school bus and he drives it all over town. That is priceless. My youngest son is 7 months old and he has just started saying "bwah bwah bwah bwah" all the time and with every emotion known to humanity. This is what life is all about. The precious little things that are here today and gone tomorrow. Did I miss one because I was worried about what I did or didn't accomplish for my self image today? What a shame if I did, what a missed blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home